Sunday, December 30, 2007

Help, please?

~No matter how I resize the picture, I cannot get it to expand across the header box. Putting in a much bigger picture--no matter what its proportions--results in a taller image (and header box) but nothing I've done makes the picture any wider than it is now. Blogger help's suggestions don't work either. Any ideas?

~Is there a heuristic for sizing photos? I've figured out some of the code just by changing things to see what happens, but I can't figure this out.

~ETA--failing to increase the size of the picture, I simply made the box smaller. But it's not an ideal solution...

~ETA2--several hours later, the picture has shrunk. I kid you not. It used to fill up the box, and from where I'm sitting it no longer does. And I've done nothing to it. I just don't get it.

~ETA3--I give up. This picture's not supposed to fill up the whole box....

2 comments:

Jules said...

Is the aspect ratio locked somehow? I don't know anything about this site or how to do stuff on it, but that can be a problem when resizing photos in regular editing.

Scrivener said...

The picture that you have now? Hmm. I'm not the best with css but I'll look at your source code later today--promised the kids that we'll leave in a few minutes.